Policies and Guidelines
Red Hat Training Policies
Last Updated: May 29, 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- General Terms and Conditions
- Open Enrollment Training
- Onsite Training
- Red Hat Certification Exams General Terms
- Red Hat Individual Exams
- Red Hat Online Learning
- Red Hat Learning Subscription General Terms
- Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard Version
- Red Hat Learning Subscription Enterprise
- Training Units
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Appendix 2A: All terms and conditions of Appendix 2A: Training, of the Red Hat Enterprise Agreement, apply to the purchase and consumption of Red Hat Training and Certification, in addition to the Training Policies herein.
Modifications and Updates to the Training Policies: Red Hat reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Training Policies. All changes will be reflected herein, and shall apply to all new purchases.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Classes by Red Hat: Red Hat may cancel or reschedule a class, including a component of a bundle, at its discretion. In the event of such cancellation, Red Hat will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice of such cancellation fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the class start date. Client will not be charged for the Red Hat cancellation or rescheduling. Red Hat is not liable for expenses incurred for Client’s travel expenses or hotel accommodations in the event that Red Hat cancels or reschedules an event.
Requirements: Client is responsible for ensuring it meets the requirements of the event in which it is enrolling. Red Hat offers skills assessments that help guide Client in enrolling in the proper course for its background. Additionally, Client can contact its local Red Hat training sales representative for further guidance.
Right of Dismissal: In order to maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, Red Hat reserves the right to dismiss a participant from any Red Hat training or exam event. A participant who harasses other participant(s) or instructor(s), or who in Red Hat's sole judgment acts inappropriately or disruptively during class, may be dismissed from the event and may not return to the premises. In case of such dismissal, Red Hat’s liability will be limited to the refunding of fees paid by Client for the course or exam, and Red Hat shall not be responsible for any consequential loss or inconvenience arising whatsoever.
Special Accommodations Policy: Red Hat may make special accommodations, on a case-by-case basis, for open enrollment classroom students, classroom exam candidates, and Red Hat individual exam candidates who have special needs. Participants with special needs should notify Red Hat of such needs a minimum of two weeks prior to their desired class/exam by filling out a Special Accommodations Request (SAR) form. In the case of special needs of a medical nature, a participant must have their medical/rehabilitation professional fill out a SAR form. This form should be faxed back to the indicated fax number on the form. Red Hat will review the request and contact Participant about it.
Export Control Restrictions: Red Hat observes and abides by all United States export control guidelines and sanctions rulings on applicable countries, organizations, and individuals. Red Hat will not deliver any training events or services, public or private, to organizations or individuals subject to US export control restrictions or sanctions. And, no attendance in classes or purchasing of subscriptions, online access, or other training materials and content will be allowed by any government, organization, or individual subject to United States export control restrictions and sanctions, or by any organization or individual operating or residing in any country or region of a country currently under US export control restrictions or sanctions, regardless of where such purchases may originate or where the Red Hat training events in question are being held. Individuals residing in the embargoed territories of Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Sudan are prohibited from purchasing any Red Hat products, attending Red Hat training or taking exams with Red Hat, a company headquartered in the United States and subject to U.S. Export Administration regulations. Individuals who present approved candidate identification showing a non-embargoed country residence may attend Red Hat training, take Red Hat exams, and receive certifications.
OPEN ENROLLMENT TRAINING
Registration: Open enrollment events are exclusively for registered Named Participants. Unregistered individuals may not attend or view an event at any time.
Prohibited Use: Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of Open Enrollment content is strictly prohibited.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Open Enrollment Events: Client may reschedule or cancel a purchased seat in a class or exam up to fourteen (14) days prior to the class/exam start date. If Client cancels a class or exam at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the class/exam start date, Client is eligible to receive a refund of paid registration fees, upon request. Client will not be eligible for a refund of paid registration fees if Red Hat does not receive a notice of cancellation or rescheduling at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the class/exam start date.
Substitution of Enrollees: Client may substitute enrollees as long as the substitution is made no fewer than seven (7) calendar days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams. It is the responsibility of Client to ensure that the substitute enrollee meets the stated course prerequisites and is provided with any course materials already provided to enrollees.
Virtual Training: All Open Enrollment terms and conditions apply to Virtual Training (VT). Registered Named Participants enrolled in a VT event must view the event from the country listed on the registration form. No individuals other than the Named Participant may view a VT event with the Named Participant. And, unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of VT content is strictly prohibited. The student materials for VT classes are provided in hard copy or digital format (eBook). Once a Named Participant has been sent a hard copy or granted access to the student guide eBook/kit for an event, the event will be non-refundable, and Named Participants may not be substituted.
Virtual Training System Requirements: Clients are responsible for meeting the minimum system requirements to attend VT. It is Client’s responsibility to ensure the compatibility of its system and that the system and network performance comply with Red Hat’s requirements.
Guaranteed to Run: Red Hat may designate certain published open enrollment and virtual training events as Guaranteed to Run (GTR). A GTR notification can be found on scheduled course listings. Red Hat reserves the right to remove or cancel a GTR class if there are no paying students enrolled twenty-one (21) days prior to the start date of the class.
Substitution by Red Hat: If Red Hat removes a class from its open enrollment training portfolio, Red Hat reserves the right to substitute with a similar class that will be offered at the same location and date.
Changes/Suspension: Red Hat reserves the right to change the schedule of a GTR class if prevented from delivering the class by causes beyond Red Hat’s reasonable control, such as but not limited to: nonperformance or delays caused by acts of God, wars, riots, strikes, fires, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, government restrictions, terrorist acts, or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
NO GUARANTEE: NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN YOUR AGREEMENT, RED HAT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT RED HAT TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, EVEN FOR CLIENTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE SYSTEM TESTING PROCESS PRIOR TO THE CLASS START DATE.
Onsite training consists of instructor-led classes and certification exams delivered to a specific Client(s) at the Client site, at another location designated by Client or Red Hat, or via Virtual Training over the internet.
Red Hat–Provided Mobile Classroom Lab Environment: If Client is using a Red Hat–provided mobile classroom lab environment, an additional fee will apply, as specified in the Order Form. Client will be liable for any loss or damage to the equipment and hardware provided as part of the Mobile Classroom Lab Environment.
Expenses: Expenses for private onsite classes shall be charged on an event basis as specified at the time of your order and included in your total price, as specified in the Order Form.
Cancellation and Rescheduling: Client must cancel or reschedule an onsite training class or onsite exam no fewer than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the scheduled event start date. If notice of cancellation or rescheduling is received within 1-13 days prior to the event start date, a cancellation/rescheduling fee equal to 50% of the total fee for the onsite class or exam is due to Red Hat from Client. If notice of cancellation or rescheduling is received on the class/exam start date, a cancellation/rescheduling fee equal to 100% of the total fee for the onsite class or exam is due to Red Hat from Client. Fees charged for cancellation or rescheduling will not be applied to any rescheduled training classes or exams, or any other future training purchase from Red Hat.
Expiration of Onsite Training Purchase: Onsite training must be consumed within 12 months of the date of purchase except as otherwise approved by Red Hat in writing. Failure to consume the purchased onsite training within 12 months of the purchase date will result in forfeiture of the purchased training and no refund will be due to Client.
RED HAT CERTIFICATION EXAMS GENERAL TERMS
Identification: All exam candidates must provide a government-issued identification (ID) at the time of the exam.
- Norwegian bank cards, commonly used as government ID equivalents for air travel and other critical identity checks, may be used as identification for exams taken in Norway.
- An exam candidate who changes his or her name after registration must provide legal documentation recognizing the change to be admitted to take the exam.
- Under no circumstances may a candidate sit for a certification or expertise exam without providing positive photo identification as defined by this policy. Red Hat will expunge any certification or credential earned for candidates who have provided falsified information or who are found not to have provided positive identification for exams conducted following the issuance of this policy.
Wearing/Use of Personal Devices in Testing Locations:
- Due to the increasing difficulty in identifying smart devices, the following items may not be worn during an exam:
- Rings (except wedding band)
- Ear pieces (except for medically-approved hearing devices)
- Headpieces—If candidate cannot remove a headpiece for medical, cultural, or religious reasons, the candidate must complete a Special Accommodations Request (SAR) form at least two weeks prior to the exam.
- Exam candidates may not use or have out any smart or connected device including but not limited to: smartphones, smart devices, tablets, laptops, or other similar devices.
- Exam candidates may not plug laptops, tablets, smartphones, or any other personal equipment into any systems or networks when they are being used for testing.
- For exam candidates who file a Special Accommodations Request (SAR) form that is subsequently approved by Red Hat, the following standard accommodations can be made:
- For Red Hat individual exams, an extended amount of time to complete the exam can be provided.
- For Red Hat classroom exams, special accommodations may include a separate room, larger monitors, and additional time to complete the exams.
Confidentiality of Certification Exams:
- Red Hat exam content is confidential. Named Participants agree that the integrity of the exam process and fairness to all current and future candidates depends on maintaining the confidentiality of the exam content. All content, questions, and solutions must be kept confidential. Named Participants will not share this information with any third party, whether from memory or from notes.
- Red Hat will make a commercially reasonable effort to provide exam results within three (3) United States business days after the exam date.
- Please note that Red Hat expects and enforces compliance with these terms. Compliance includes restrictions on discussion of exam-specific information, including discussions with those who are taking the exam with you on the same date. Failure to comply with these confidentiality requirements can result in any or all of the following:
- Nullification of exam results
- Nullification of certifications earned at an earlier date
- Being barred from taking any Red Hat exams
- Exercise of any available legal remedies Red Hat may have
Exam Scores: Red Hat only reports total exam scores. Red Hat will not provide additional information or details beyond the contents of the score report provided to candidates.
Cheating: Red Hat certification exams measure the ability of individuals to perform real-world tasks unassisted. To this end, the following behaviors are prohibited and may result in the pausing or termination of an exam as it is being delivered or having exam results overturned and a certification withdrawn if evidence of these behaviors is discovered during or after the exam delivery:
- Use of any materials other than those provided in the exam environment during the exam
- Communications with anyone other than an exam's proctor during the exam
- Use of any system other than the one(s) provided specifically to the candidate during the exam
- Any other means for acquiring an unfair advantage with respect to the content or delivery of an exam, before or during an exam
Published Exam Content: Red Hat does not authorize the publication of its exam content by third parties. All exam candidates represent that they have not used any such third-party content in preparing for the exam. Exam results will be vacated and certifications withdrawn for any candidates found in breach of this policy. Red Hat reserves the right to bar individuals suspected of such behavior from taking exams.
RED HAT INDIVIDUAL EXAMS
Red Hat individual exams are certification exams administered via specially configured testing systems.
Individual Exam Scheduling: Named Participants have one (1) year from date of purchase to schedule and take the exam. No extensions of the one-year term will be granted.
No Cancellation of Purchase: All Red Hat individual exam purchases are final, and fees are nonrefundable.
Rescheduling Individual Exams: Individual exams can be rescheduled up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled exam session.
Daily Limit: A candidate may not take the same exam more than once in the same day.
Substitution of Candidates: Candidate substitution for individual exam sessions is not allowed at any time.
Country of Purchase: Unless otherwise approved by Red Hat in writing, all individual exams must be taken in the enrollee’s country of residence at the time of purchase.
Expiration of Individual Exams: Named Participants have one (1) year from date of execution to schedule and take the exam. No extensions of the one-year term will be granted.
Late Arrivals and No-Show Policy: Failure to attend an exam or arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time of an exam will result in forfeiture of the exam session and fee, and the Named Participant will not be eligible to reschedule the exam.
Red Hat Individual Exam Day Rules and Requirements:
- A photo of the Named Participant will be taken prior to the start of the exam and the Named Participant must present a government-issued photo identification. Live audio and video will be streamed during the individual exam to a remote monitor. By participating in an individual exam, the Named Participant acknowledges, agrees, and consents to the taking of video recordings of Named Participant’s face, image, desk, and workspace during the exam for the purposes of test quality, security, and integrity of the testing process. The Named Participant consents to the continuous monitoring of Named Participant by video while Named Participant takes the exam, the processing of such personal data by Red Hat and its third-party data processors, and the transfer of such data to Red Hat and its third-party data processors in the United States or other countries where they are located. The Named Participant acknowledges that Named Participant has no expectation of privacy as regards Named Participant’s image or actions during the exam, and Named Participant agrees to waive any and all claims asserting a violation of Named Participant’s right to privacy during the exam insofar as such claims pertain to the recording of Named Participant’s image or actions during the exam. If Named Participant does not agree to be recorded by video for the monitoring purposes as described, Named Participant will not be allowed to proceed with the exam.
- Government-issued identification that uses non-Latin characters must be verified by a local Red Hat representative at the testing location prior to the candidate taking a Red Hat individual exam.
Individual exams are subject to Red Hat exam security policies. Violation of these policies or other behavior that suggests misconduct may result in the remote monitor pausing or terminating an exam. Named Participants may contact the monitor via the Live Chat window with any questions concerning exam security policies.
RED HAT ONLINE LEARNING
Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) offers an online, HTML5-based, self-paced learning experience available for all courses and in multiple languages. ROLE is supplemented with ninety (90) days of unlimited access to course content, eighty (80) hours of cloud-based labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts.
Term: The term of a ROLE subscription is 90 days from the start date selected at the time of order. Interruption of service shall not be cause to modify the term of the subscription. Any adjustment to the term of the subscription will be at the sole discretion of Red Hat.
ROLE Subscription Renewals: ROLE subscriptions may be renewed, upon mutual agreement of the Client and Red Hat, for successive 90-day terms. Renewal of the subscription will be at the list price for the subscription, at the time of renewal, unless otherwise approved by Red Hat or a Red Hat Authorized Reseller Partner.
Named Participant: A ROLE subscription is limited to a single registered Named Participant. Unregistered individuals may not view any ROLE content at any time. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of ROLE content is strictly prohibited.
Limitation of Availability for Subscriber Use Data: Red Hat does not guarantee the continued availability of a subscriber’s use data for any expired subscription, including, but not necessarily limited to, course progress, lab environments, exam availability, and user configuration changes.
Sharing of Subscriber Use Data: Red Hat reserves the right to share a subscriber’s use data or other subscription-related information with parties related to the purchase and management of the subscription. This may include, but is not limited to, the purchaser of the subscription, the subscriber’s supervisors and managers, and the training staff of the subscriber’s employer.
Country of Purchase: The Named Participant must view the class from the country from which it was purchased, as indicated at the time of order.
Cancellations: Client may not cancel ROLE subscriptions at any time.
Rescheduling the Start Date: Client may not reschedule the start date of a ROLE subscription at any time.
Delayed Start Date: While Client may not reschedule the start date of the ROLE subscription, the start date may be scheduled up to 90 days after the effective date of purchase, if agreed to in writing.
Substitution of Enrollees: During the term of the ROLE subscription, substitution of the single Named Participant is not permitted except as otherwise approved by Red Hat in writing.
Access to Labs: A ROLE subscription makes Named Participant eligible for 80 hours of lab access. Red Hat reserves the right to periodically remove inactive lab environments. Lab environments that have not been accessed within the preceding 90-day period are subject to deletion. As long as customers have enough remaining lab hours, they may reprovision a lab for the course in question. However, where a lab environment has been deleted, any progress or state information of the deleted lab will be lost and will not be restored upon the reprovisioning of the lab. After the end of the subscription term, any unused labs hours will be forfeited. And, no refunds or credits will be provided for unused lab hours.
Lab Support: In order to support the lab needs of a subscriber, Red Hat Technical Support Engineers may need to power on and use a subscriber lab environment to resolve issues reported by the subscriber. This troubleshooting support time will be charged against the subscriber’s lab hour allotment.
eBook Download: With a ROLE subscription, the Named Participant may download the eBook associated with each ROLE course one (1) time during the subscription term.
Content Updates and Changes: Red Hat reserves the right to add, update, or remove content and other features to the subscription at Red Hat’s discretion, without notice.
Content Language: ROLE subscription materials are available in English. Some materials may be made available in other languages; however, Red Hat does not guarantee that content will be available in languages other than English. Where non-English, translated content is made available, Red Hat does not warrant the accuracy of such content.
NO GUARANTEE: NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN CLIENT’S AGREEMENT, RED HAT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT RED HAT TRAINING STREAMS WILL BE PROVIDED UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, EVEN FOR NAMED PARTICIPANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE SYSTEM TESTING PROCESS PRIOR TO THE CLASS START DATE.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION GENERAL TERMS
ROLE Terms Apply: All of the same terms and conditions for Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) apply to all Red Hat Learning Subscription (RHLS) versions, except as otherwise noted below.
Term: The Term for a Red Hat Learning Subscription is one (1) year from the start date selected by Client at the time of purchase. The start date must be within ninety (90) days of the purchase date.
Red Hat Learning Subscriptions Renewals: A Red Hat Learning Subscription may be renewed, upon mutual agreement of the Client and Red Hat, for successive one-year terms. Renewal of the subscription will be at the list price for the subscription, at the time of renewal, unless otherwise approved by Red Hat or a Red Hat Authorized Reseller Partner.
Access to Labs: A Red Hat Learning Subscription includes up to four hundred (400) hours of lab access. Red Hat reserves the right to periodically remove inactive lab environments. Lab environments that have not been accessed within the preceding 90-day period are subject to deletion. As long as customers have enough remaining lab hours, they may reprovision a lab for the course in question. However, as part of the aforementioned deletion, any progress or state information of the deleted lab will be lost and will not be restored upon the reprovisioning of the lab.
eBook Download: A Named Participant may download eBooks associated with RHLS online courses, subject to the following limits: (a) a Named Participant may download no more than one (1) eBook per day; (b) a Named Participant may download no more than ten (10) different eBooks during the subscription term.
Country of Purchase: A Red Hat Learning Subscription must be set up, accessed, and consumed only in the country where the subscriber resided when it was purchased.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION STANDARD VERSION
The following terms and conditions apply only to RHLS-Standard and RHLS Enterprise-Standard.
Elements of RHLS-Standard:
- All elements of Red Hat Learning Subscription-Basic are included
- Access to the Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard Portal
- Instructor office hours
- Online, recorded expert seminars
- Five (5) Red Hat certification exams and two (2) exam retakes per subscription year, subject to conditions below. For North America customers, exams are offered only as Red Hat individual exams.
Exams for RHLS-Standard Subscribers: All of the same terms and conditions for exams apply to exams included as part of a Red Hat Learning Subscription, except as otherwise provided below.
- Exams included with RHLS-Standard must be taken during the one-year subscription period. Exams entitlements included in RHLS-Standard may not be used after the subscription has expired, and may not be carried over into a renewal term of a subscription.
- A subscriber exam candidate should complete the learning requirement associated with a given exam in order to register for a first attempt of an exam in a subscription year. Exams and recommended learning paths are displayed on the Red Hat Learning Subscription Portal.
- The two (2) exam retakes can only be applied to exams taken during the subscription term as part of RHLS-Standard. Each exam retake must be used for a different Red Hat exam. For example, if the subscriber fails an exam, they may use one of their retakes to take that same exam again. If the subscriber fails the same exam a second time and wishes to retake the exam for a third time, they may not use their second retake for the same exam. Instead, the subscriber will have to purchase a standalone exam authorization for the second retake of the exam in question.
- Failure to comply with the terms and conditions concerning exam security and confidentiality may result in forfeiture of exam attempts and retakes included in RHLS-Standard.
RHLS-Standard Instructor Office Hours: Instructor office hours are phone- or video-based meetings with technically qualified Red Hat support staff to discuss course content issues or questions. Subscribers to RHLS-Standard receive access to instructor office hours by scheduling an appointment in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
- Instructor office hour appointments are scheduled on an as-available basis, and Red Hat reserves the right to cancel or reschedule office hour appointments. Red Hat may work with the student to coordinate the rescheduling of appointments, at Red Hat’s discretion.
- Instructor office hour appointments may not be available at all hours of the day or within the business hours of all worldwide geographies.
- Red Hat may require additional time to arrange a technical resource for an instructor office hour appointment, which may affect the ability to accept or schedule such requests.
- Instructor office hours are only offered Monday through Friday, exclusive of Red Hat holidays.
- Instructor office hours are intended as support only for Red Hat training courses provided as part of RHLS-Standard.
- Topics outside of the Red Hat training courses provided as part of RHLS-Standard are not acceptable topics during instructor office hour appointments.
- Red Hat instructors will not discuss preparation for, results from, or content on Red Hat certification exams as part of instructor office hours.
- Issues concerning Customer’s equipment or environments should be directed toward Red Hat Support if included in the support provided for valid and current Red Hat subscriptions.
- Instructor office hours are not consulting services. Red Hat technical support staff will not provide consulting on technical matters during instructor office hours.
RHLS-Standard Expert Seminars: Expert seminars are prerecorded video sessions provided as part of RHLS-Standard. Red Hat will publish expert seminar content as it becomes available. Red Hat reserves the right to remove expert seminars at Red Hat’s discretion.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION ENTERPRISE
All RHLS-Basic and RHLS-Standard terms and conditions apply to the Basic and Standard versions of Red Hat Learning Subscription Enterprise.
All RHLS Enterprise SKUs (LS120-100 and LS220-100) include a quantity of one hundred (100) Red Hat Learning Subscriptions. The total number of subscriptions in these SKUs cannot be modified.
A customer may purchase either the Basic or Standard version of RHLS Enterprise. RHLS Enterprise SKUs will either be all Basic or all Standard. No mixing of Basic and Standard subscriptions is allowed.
Only employees or contract employees of the end customer organization may be Named Participants (with each Named Participant entitled to participate in one subscription) under an RHLS Enterprise order.
Red Hat Advanced and Premier Business Partners are eligible to receive the standard enablement discount corresponding to their partner level on direct purchases from Red Hat of RHLS Enterprise: 30% for Premier Partners and 25% for Advanced Partners.
No resale or redistribution of Red Hat Learning Subscription or Red Hat Learning Subscription Enterprise offerings is allowed, except by an Authorized Red Hat Training Reseller Partner.
A bundle is a combination of courses, labs, or exams, sold and priced as a single product offering.
No Cancellation in Part: If Client purchases a bundle that is cancelable, it can only be canceled as a whole. Individual components of a bundle cannot be canceled. Once any component of a bundle has been used, the bundle as a whole cannot be canceled. Individual components of bundles are subject to the rescheduling policies defined within these training policies.
NOTE: Bundles that include an individual exam may not be canceled.
- Training Units must be scheduled and redeemed within twelve (12) months of the date of purchase, even if the training event for which Training Units are being redeemed is scheduled to start after the Training Unit expiration date.
- Training Units may only be redeemed for eligible Red Hat training products and services offered on Red Hat’s training website. Training Units cannot be redeemed for other Training Units, or for other Red Hat non-training products and services.
- Training Units purchased in the United States or Canada can be redeemed in either country.
- Training Units may be redeemed individually or in multiples as required to pay for the Red Hat training service for which they are being redeemed.
No Cancellation of Training Unit Purchases: All purchases of Training Units are final and non-refundable.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Training Purchased with Training Units: Cancellation or rescheduling of training purchased with Training Units is subject to the applicable policies referenced herein for the training services in question.
Permitted Access: Participant is responsible for ensuring that Training Units are only accessed by authorized users, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of Client’s Agreement with Red Hat.
Suspension: Training Unit accounts may be suspended if the account is not in good standing with Red Hat.
Expiration Date: Training Units may be used to purchase future services to be rendered after the expiration date of the Training Units as long as the order is placed before the expiration date of the Training Units. If an event is canceled (by either Red Hat or Client) after the expiration of the Training Units used to purchase it, the value of the Training Units will be forfeited.