Policies and Guidelines
Red Hat Training Policies
Open enrollment training consists of instructor-led public classes, which can be conducted in-person or as virtual training classes, and in-person (classroom) exams.
Client will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if Red Hat receives a notice of cancellation at least 14 calendar days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams. Client will not be eligible for a refund of paid registration fees and will not be eligible to reschedule a class or exam if Red Hat does not receive a notice of cancellation 14 calendar days prior to the class/exam start date.
Client may reschedule a class or exam up to 14 calendar days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
SUBSTITUTION OF ENROLLEES
Client may substitute enrollees as long as the substitution is made no later than 7 calendar days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams. It is the responsibility of client to ensure that the substitute enrollee meets the stated course prerequisites and is provided with any already provided course material.
Virtual Training classes (VT) are exclusively for registered Named Participants. A “Named Participant” is a client employee or contractor who client has identified to Red Hat as the individual who will use or accesses the materials and the support Red Hat makes available, subject to the terms of Client’s Agreement with Red Hat and the policies stated herein. Unregistered individuals may not view VT at any time. Registered Named Participants must view the class from the country listed on the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of VT content is strictly prohibited. Clients are responsible for meeting the minimum system requirements to attend VT. It is client’s responsibility to ensure the compatibility of his/her system and that the system and network performance comply with Red Hat’s requirements:
The student materials for VT classes are provided in hard copy or digital format (e-book). Once a Named Participant has been sent a hard copy or granted access to the student guide e-book/kit for an event, the event will be non-refundable, and Named Participants may not be substituted.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN YOUR AGREEMENT, RED HAT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT RED HAT TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE EVEN FOR CLIENTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE SYSTEM TESTING PROCESS PRIOR TO THE CLASS START DATE.
INDIVIDUAL EXAM SESSIONS
Individual Exam Sessions are an alternative to in-person (classroom) exams. Individual Exams are administered via testing stations.
CANCELLATIONS OF THE PURCHASE
Cancellation of Individual Exam Sessions is not allowed. Exam session fees are nonrefundable.
Individual Exam Sessions can be rescheduled up to 24 hours prior to the exam session via innovativeexams.com.
SUBSTITUTION OF CANDIDATES
Candidate substitution for Individual Exam Sessions is not allowed at any time.
GEOGRAPHY AND REDEMPTION
Individual exam session purchases must be redeemed (and the exam must be given) in the country in which they are purchased, unless approved in writing by Red Hat for multi-country or global use.
TIME FOR EXAM ATTEMPT
Named Participants have one (1) year from date of execution to schedule and take the exam. At the end of the year, no extensions will be provided.
- Failure to attend an exam, or arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time of an exam, will result in forfeiting the exam session and fee, and the Named Participant will not be eligible to reschedule the exam.
INDIVIDUAL EXAM SESSION REQUIREMENTS
- A photo of the Named Participant will be taken prior to the start of the exam and the Named Participant must present a government-issued photo identification, which will be scanned for authenticity. The photo and the image scans of the Named Participant’s identification will be used for identity verification only. In jurisdictions where scanning of the government-issued identification is not allowed, alternate methods of identification verification will be used. Live audio and video will be streamed during the Individual Exam Session to a remote monitor.
- Individual Exam Sessions are subject to Red Hat exam security policies. Violation of these policies or other behavior that suggests misconduct may result in the remote monitor pausing or terminating an exam. Named Participants may contact the monitor via the Live Chat window with any questions concerning exam security policies.
- Named Participants must read and consent to the Innovative Exams privacy statement.
See Exam/Certification Specific Policies section, below, for additional terms and conditions applicable to Individual Exam Sessions.
RED HAT ONLINE LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION
Client may not cancel Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) subscriptions at any time.
RESCHEDULING THE START DATE
Client may not reschedule the start date of a ROLE subscription at any time.
DELAYED START DATE
While client may not reschedule the start date of the ROLE subscription, the start date may be up to 90 days after the effective date of purchase, if agreed in writing.
The ROLE subscription is limited to a registered single Named Participant. Unregistered individuals may not view any ROLE content at any time. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of ROLE content is strictly prohibited.
SUBSTITUTION OF ENROLLEES
During the term of the ROLE subscription, substitution of the single Named Participant is not permitted except as otherwise approved by Red Hat in writing.
The Named Participant must view the class from the country from which it was purchased, as indicated at the time of order.
The standard duration of a ROLE subscription is 90 days from the start date selected at the time of order.
ROLE SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS
ROLE Subscriptions may be renewed, upon mutual agreement of the Client and Red Hat, for 90 day Terms. Renewal of the Subscription will be at the same per Unit Price as paid for the initial Subscription.
ACCESS TO LABS
A ROLE subscription makes Named Participant eligible for 80 hours of labs.
CONTENT UPDATES AND CHANGES
Red Hat reserves the right to add, update, or remove content and other features to the subscription at Red Hat’s discretion without notice.
ROLE subscription materials are available in English. Some materials will be made available in other languages as well. Red Hat does not represent or warrant that any content will be available in languages other than English.
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION BY RED HAT
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN CLIENT’S AGREEMENT, RED HAT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT RED HAT TRAINING STREAMS WILL BE PROVIDED UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, EVEN FOR NAMED PARTICIPANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE SYSTEM TESTING PROCESS PRIOR TO THE CLASS START DATE.
A "bundle" is a combination of courses, labs, or exams, sold and priced as a single product offering.
No part of any bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
NO CANCELLATION IN PART
If your bundle is cancelable, it can only be canceled as a whole. Individual components of a bundle cannot be canceled. Once any component of a bundle has been used, the bundle as a whole cannot be canceled. Individual components of bundles are subject to the rescheduling policies as defined within these training policies.
COVERING INSTRUCTOR-LED, VIRTUAL, AND CERTIFICATION EXAMS
CANCELLATION FEE AND RESCHEDULES
Client will receive a full refund of registration fees paid to Red Hat only if Red Hat receives a notice of cancellation at least 14 calendar days prior to the course start date for courses, or the exam date for exams. If notice is received within 1-13 days prior to the event start date, then the client will be eligible for a refund of 50% of the registration fees paid to Red Hat. Client will not be eligible for a refund for cancellations on the course start date for courses or exam date, as the case may be.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
For on-site courses, client will supply the facility and equipment as set forth at Red Hat Training and Certification classroom requirements. If Red Hat agrees to provide the training facilities and hardware, client will be liable for any loss or destruction of the equipment and hardware used in connection with the training. Red Hat will not deliver any training or exams on equipment that does not meet Red Hat hardware requirements.
Expenses for private on-site classes shall be charged on an event basis as specified at the time of your order and included in your total price, as specified in the order form.
RED HAT PROVIDED MOBILE CLASSROOM LAB ENVIRONMENT
If client is using a Red Hat-provided mobile classroom lab environment, an additional fee will apply, as specified in the order form.
On-site training must be consumed within 12 months of the date of purchase except as otherwise approved by Red Hat in writing.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTIONS
All of the same Terms and Conditions for ROLE apply to Red Hat Learning Subscriptions except as otherwise noted below.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS
After the initial Term, the Red Hat Learning Subscriptions may be renewed, upon mutual agreement of the Client and Red Hat, for successive 1-year terms. Renewal of the Subscription will be at the same per Unit Price as paid for the initial Subscription.
The standard duration for an RHLS-Basic Subscription is 1-year from date of purchase. RHLS-Basic can be purchased for multiple 1-year terms.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION—BASIC (RHLS-BASIC)
RHLS-Basic Subscription includes up to 400 hours of lab access.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION FOR SUPPORT PARTNERS (RHLS for support partners)
All of the same Terms and Conditions for ROLE and RHLS Basic apply to RHLS for Support Partners except as otherwise noted below.
Only Red Hat OEM and CCSP Partner employees and contractors in Red Hat support roles are eligible for RHLS for Support Partners as set forth in the applicable partner agreement.
TERMINATION OF OEM OR CCSP CONTRACTS
If the Partner's OEM or CCSP Partner Agreement with Red Hat is terminated either by the Partner or by Red Hat, Red Hat reserves the right to terminate Partner's access to RHLS for Partners without refund.
RED HAT LEARNING SUBSCRIPTION—STANDARD (RHLS-STANDARD)
All of the same Terms and Conditions for ROLE and RHLS Basic apply to Red Hat Learning Subscription-Standard, except as otherwise noted below.
ELEMENTS OF RHLS-STANDARD
- All elements of Red Hat Learning Subscription Basic;
- Access to the Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard Portal;
- Instructor Office Hours;
- Online recorded Expert Seminars; and
- Five (5) Red Hat certification exams and two (2) exam retakes per subscription year, subject to conditions below. For North America customers, exams are offered only in Individual Exams.
All of the same terms and conditions for exams apply to exams as part of Red Hat Learning Subscriptions, except as otherwise provided below.
RHLS-STANDARD INSTRUCTOR OFFICE HOURS
Instructor Office Hours are phone or video-based meetings with Red Hat instructors to discuss course content issues or questions. Subscribers to RHLS-Standard receive access to instructor office hours by scheduling an appointment in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
- Instructor Office Hour appointments are scheduled on an as available basis, and Red Hat reserves the right to cancel or reschedule office hour appointments. Red Hat may work with the student to coordinate the rescheduling of appointments, at Red Hat's discretion.
- Instructor Office Hour appointments may not be available at all hours of the day or within the business hours of all worldwide geographies.
- Red Hat may require additional time to arrange a resource for an Instructor Office Hour appointment, which may affect the ability to accept or schedule such requests.
- Instructor Office hours are only offered Monday through Friday, exclusive of Red Hat holidays.
- Instructor Office Hours are intended as support only for Red Hat training courses provided as part of the RHLS-Standard Subscription.
- Topics outside of the Red Hat training courses provided as part of the RHLS-Standard Subscription are not acceptable topics during Instructor Office Hour appointments.
- Issues concerning customer's equipment or environments should be directed towards Red Hat Support if included in the support provided for valid and current Red Hat Subscriptions.
- Instructor Office Hours are not Consulting Services. Instructors will not provide consulting on technical matters during Instructor Office Hours.
RHLS SUBSCRIPTION STANDARD EXAMS
- A subscriber exam candidate must complete the learning requirement associated with a given exam in order to register for a first attempt of an exam in a subscription year. Exams, their associated requirements and recommended learning paths are displayed on the Red Hat Learning Subscription Portal.
- The two (2) exam retakes can only be applied to exams taken in a subscription year as part of the RHLS Standard subscription.
- The terms and conditions for all Red Hat certification exams apply to exams taken under RHLS Standard. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions concerning exam security and confidentiality may result in forfeiture of exam attempts and retakes including in the RHLS Standard subscription.
RHLS SUBSCRIPTION EXPERT SEMINARS
- Expert Seminars are pre-recorded video sessions provided as part of the RHLS Standard subscription. Red Hat will publish Expert Seminar content as it becomes available. Red Hat reserves the right to remove Expert Seminars at Red Hat's discretion.
EXAM OR CERTIFICATION POLICIES
All exam candidates must provide a government-issued identification (ID) at the time of the exam. A government-issued photo ID is preferred and should be provided if available. If no government-issued photo ID is available, candidates must provide two alternate forms of identification. At least one must be government-issued. The other may be from the business or organization for which the candidate works, provided the following criteria are met:
- The candidate registered for the course using an email address within the business or organization issuing the ID, and the identification itself includes a recent photograph.
Under no circumstances may a candidate sit for a certification or expertise exam without providing positive photo identification as defined by this policy. Red Hat will expunge any certification or credential earned for candidates who have provided falsified information or who are found not to have provided positive identification for exams conducted following the issuance of this policy.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF CERTIFICATION EXAMS
- Red Hat exam content is confidential. Named Participants agree that the integrity of the exam process and fairness to all current and future candidates depends on maintaining the confidentiality of the exam content. All content, questions, and solutions must be kept confidential. Named Participants will not share this information with any third party, whether from memory or from notes.
- Red Hat will make a commercially reasonable effort to provide exam results within 5 business days after the exam date.
- Please note that Red Hat expects and enforces compliance with these terms. Compliance includes restrictions on discussion of exam-specific information, including discussions with those who are taking the exam with you on the same date. Failure to comply with these confidentiality requirements can result in any or all of the following:
- Nullification of exam results.
- Nullification of certifications earned on an earlier date.
- Being barred from taking any Red Hat exams.
- Exercise of any available legal remedies Red Hat may have.
Red Hat only reports total exam scores. Red Hat will not provide additional information or details beyond the score report. Red Hat certification exams measure the ability of individuals to perform tasks unassisted. To this end, the following behaviors are prohibited and may result in the pausing or termination of an exam as it is being delivered or having exam results overturned if evidence of these behaviors is discovered during or after the exam delivery.
- Use of any materials other than those provided in the exam environment.
- Communications with anyone other than an exam's proctor.
- Use of any system other than the one(s) provided specifically to the candidate for the exam.
- Any other means for acquiring an unfair advantage with respect to the content or delivery of an exam.
PUBLISHED EXAM CONTENT
Red Hat does not authorize the publication of its exam content by third parties. All exam candidates represent that they have not used any such third party content in preparing for the exam. Exam results will be vacated and certifications withdrawn for any candidates found in breach of this policy. Red Hat reserves the right to bar individuals suspected of such behavior from taking exams.
Training Units must be scheduled and redeemed within 12 months of the date of purchase, even if the training event being scheduled occurs after the training unit expiration date. Training Units may be redeemed individually.
Cancellation/reschedule/substitution policies for Training Units are subject to the applicable policies referenced herein.
COMBINATION WITH DISCOUNTS
Training Units cannot be combined with any other discount, special offer, discount voucher or coupon.
Training Units: (a) are nonrefundable, (b) are nontransferable, (c) may not be redeemed for cash or credit, (d) must be used as whole credits, (e) can be redeemed only in the same country as purchased (unless approved by Red Hat for multi-country or global use). Training Units purchased in the United States or Canada can be redeemed in either of those countries.
U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS
United States Government end users (or resellers acting on behalf of the United States government) may not purchase Training Units.
Training Units may be used to purchase any of the products and services offered on the Red Hat Training website. Training Units cannot be used for the purchase of other Training Units.
Participant is responsible for ensuring that Training Units are only accessed by authorized users and in accordance with the terms and conditions of Client's Agreement with Red Hat.
Training Unit accounts may be suspended if the account is not in good standing with Red Hat.
Training Units may be used to purchase future services to be rendered after the expiration date of the Training Units as long as the order is placed before the expiration date of the Training Units. If an event is canceled (by either Red Hat or client) after the expiration of the Training Units used to purchase it, the value of the Training Units will be forfeited.
Contact your local Red Hat Training sales representative to discuss payment options.
CONFIRMATION AND ACTIVATION
Enrollments for all events and purchases for products and Subscriptions will be confirmed or activated upon receipt of payment or receipt of complete payment information, depending on the method of payment agreed and as provided in the ordering process payment directions.
Payment Terms for Australia and New Zealand: All invoices are payable in full within 30 days of invoice date provided always that if the Red Hat training course or examination ordered by you is scheduled to occur within the 30 days of invoice date, you will not be able to attend any such training course or examination unless Red Hat receives full payment at least 7 days prior to the commencement of the training course or examination.
GUARANTEED TO RUN (GTR)
Red Hat has a number of events marked as Guaranteed to Run that can be found on scheduled course listings.
- Removal/Cancellation: Red Hat reserves the right to remove or cancel a GTR class if there are no paying students enrolled.
- Substitution by Red Hat: If Red Hat removes a class from its open enrollment training portfolio, Red Hat reserves the right to substitute with a similar class that will be offered at the same location and date.
- Changes/Suspension: Red Hat reserves the right to change the schedule of a GTR class if prevented from delivering the class by causes beyond Red Hat's reasonable control, such as but not limited to: nonperformance or delays caused by acts of God, wars, riots, strikes, fires, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, government restrictions, terrorist acts, or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING BY RED HAT
Red Hat may cancel or reschedule a class, including a component of a bundle, at its discretion. In the event of such cancellation Red Hat will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice of such cancellation 14 calendar days prior to the class start date. Client will not be charged for the Red Hat cancellation or rescheduling. Red Hat is not liable for expenses incurred for client's travel expenses or hotel accommodations in the event that Red Hat cancels or reschedules an event.
Client is responsible for ensuring it meets the requirements of the event in which it is enrolling. Red Hat offers skills assessments that help guide the client in enrolling in the proper course for their background. Additionally, client can contact its local Red Hat Training sales representative for further guidance.
RIGHTS TO TRAINING MATERIALS
- All intellectual property embodied in the training products, materials, methodologies, software, and processes provided in connection with the training or developed during the performance of the training (collectively, the "Training Materials") are the sole property of Red Hat or a Red Hat Affiliate and are copyrighted by Red Hat unless otherwise indicated. Training Materials are provided solely for the use of authorized participants and may not be copied or transferred without the prior written consent of Red Hat. Training Materials are Red Hat's confidential and proprietary information. Under no circumstances may Red Hat Training Materials be posted on the Internet or otherwise electronically distributed.
RIGHT OF DISMISSAL
- In order to maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, Red Hat reserves the right to dismiss a participant from any Red Hat Training or Certification event. A participant who harasses other participant(s) or instructor(s), or who in Red Hat's sole judgment acts inappropriately or disruptively during class, may be dismissed from the class or event and may not return to the premises. In case of such dismissal, Red Hat's liability will be limited to the refunding of fees paid by client for the course, and Red Hat shall not be responsible for any consequential loss or inconvenience arising whatsoever.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS POLICY
- Red Hat delivers classroom-based training courses at locations throughout North America and worldwide. Participants with special needs should notify Red Hat of such needs a minimum of two weeks prior to their desired class by having their medical/rehabilitation professional fill out a Special Accommodations Request (SAR) form. Such form should be faxed back to the indicated fax number on the form. Red Hat will review the request and contact the participant about it.