Rising customer expectations
Organizations need to deliver innovative applications to fuel growth and success and to do so, they are turning to cloud-native application architectures and cloud computing. However, they are challenged with the balance of growing the business while keeping pace with rising customer expectations and optimizing costs and resources. In an on-demand world, staying competitive means building applications and delivering value to customers faster, growing the customer base, and achieving resiliency using digital transformation techniques.
However, application teams must overcome several challenges as they adopt cloud-native technologies, including:
- Their current state of having multiple types of applications—some that can be modernized, some built from scratch, or some that need to stay as is.
- How to use data to operationalize intelligent applications and achieve data-driven insights.
- To strive for a consistent approach whether it is on-premise, in a cloud environment, or at the edge of the network.
- Focusing on security and compliance at scale without delays or operational risk.
Red Hat OpenShift: A unified and flexible platform to address business needs
Red Hat® OpenShift® offers you a unified, flexible platform to address a variety of business needs spanning from an enterprise-ready Kubernetes orchestrator to a comprehensive cloud-native application development platform that can be self-managed or used as a fully managed cloud service. Red Hat OpenShift provides:
- The ability to deploy and run in any environment, the flexibility to build new applications, modernize existing applications, run third-party ISV applications, or use public cloud services under a single platform.
- The tools necessary to help customers integrate data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) capabilities into cloud-native applications to deliver more insight and value.
- Consistency and portability to deploy and manage containerized workloads, make infrastructure and investments future-ready, and deliver speed and flexibility on-premise, across cloud environments, and to the edge of the network.
- Advanced security and compliance capabilities, allowing end-to-end management and observability across an entire architecture.
Red Hat OpenShift, you have the option to get advanced security and compliance capability, end-to-end management and observability, and cluster data management and cloud-native data services. Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes modernizes container and Kubernetes security, letting developers add security controls early in the software life cycle. Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes lets you manage your entire application life cycle and deploy applications on specific clusters based on labels, and Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation supports performance at scale for data-intensive workloads.
From AI/ML to modernizing applications, Red Hat OpenShift is with you
With Red Hat OpenShift, you have the flexibility to build new applications, modernize existing ones, run third-party ISV applications, or connect to public cloud services. This allows supporting a variety of use cases, such as AI/ML-powered applications, Internet of Things (IoT) using edge computing, 5G network deployments, and Java™ application modernization initiatives while delivering consistent management and operations of the underlying Kubernetes infrastructure in any environment.
In addition, the platform delivers a suite of tools to help teams build and scale applications, including OpenShift Serverless, OpenShift Service Mesh, GitOps, and OpenShift Pipelines to deploy modern architecture and operational practices like serverless, application programming interfaces (APIs), event-driven architecture, and automated pipelines to simplify application development, delivery, and integration. Using these technologies, developers can focus on creating applications that deliver business value—without requiring detailed knowledge of the underlying infrastructure. Applications can be developed, and their life cycle managed at scale with more security, more consistency, and reliably across a wide variety of systems.
Red Hat OpenShift also extends the capabilities of Kubernetes to the network edge, helping organizations consistently manage infrastructure at scale, even to the most remote edge locations, without sacrificing security or stability. As part of a hybrid cloud environment, it extends processing closer to users and data sources.
Combined with our integrated portfolio, the Red Hat certified partner ecosystem lets you choose the industry-leading products, technologies, and services that work best for your organization's needs. With expert consulting services, get help modernizing, migrating, and developing applications with expert services, detailed guidance, and practical tools that incorporate culture, process, and technology.
Source: The Business Value of Red Hat OpenShift. IDC. March 2021.
Source: Fortune Global 500 subscription data as of 20 January 2021.
Customers who use Red Hat OpenShift realize tangible benefits quickly.1
20% higher developer productivity
higher developer productivity
71% fewer unplanned downtimes
fewer unplanned downtimes
636% ROI over five years
ROI over five years
The Fortune Global 500 are achieving real business outcomes with Red Hat OpenShift.2
80% of Fortune Global 500 commercial banks
of Fortune Global 500 commercial banks
100% of Fortune Global 500 government and military companies
of Fortune Global 500 government and military companies
80% of Fortune Global 500 media and technology companies
of Fortune Global 500 media and technology companies
61% of Fortune Global 500 services companies
of Fortune Global 500 services companies
80% of Fortune Global 500 telecom companies
of Fortune Global 500 telecom companies