Tame and secure your application networking. Connect, manage, and observe your microservices-based applications with Red Hat OpenShift® Service Mesh, based on the Istio open source project.
As your applications evolve into collections of decentralized services, through the use of microservices, monitoring, and managing the network communications and security between those multiple services becomes more challenging.
This is where a service mesh can help.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh provides a straightforward, uniform way to connect, manage, and observe your microservices-based applications.
Ready for production
Installs easily on Red Hat OpenShift, the hybrid cloud enterprise Kubernetes platform trusted by thousands of organizations around the globe.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh is pre-validated and fully supported to work on Red Hat OpenShift, straight out of the box.
Secure by default
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh provides comprehensive application networking security. This is achieved through transparent mTLS encryption and fine grained policies that facilitate zero-trust networking.
Based on open source
Based on the open source Istio project, Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh provides additional functionality with the inclusion of other open source projects like Kiali (Istio console) and Jaeger (distributed tracing), which supports collaboration with leading members of the Istio community.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh provides out of the box security for your distributed applications.
- Connect services securely by default with transparent TLS encryption.
- Enforce a "zero trust" or "need to know" network security model with fine grained traffic policies based on application identities.
Control the flow of traffic and API calls between your services with effective traffic management, which make your applications more resilient.
- Manage traffic to facilitate failovers, canary deployments, traffic mirroring, A/B testing and more.
- Improve service reliability with automatic request retries, timeouts, and circuit breakers.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh provides a clear and intuitive end to end view of your services, allowing you to use:
- service metrics to monitor application health, reliability and performance.
- distributed tracing to troubleshoot and isolate bottlenecks in end to end request paths.