Maximize your IT investment with technical account management
Building and managing applications and IT infrastructure is a complex task for even the most skilled team. Red Hat makes it easier to work across platforms and environments with strengthened open source solutions. But continually meeting business and IT goals requires organizations to take full advantage of their Red Hat investments and, unfortunately, internal teams often lack the time and expertise to do so efficiently.
Set up applications and IT infrastructure for success with Red Hat® Technical Account Management. Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are a single technical point of contact who help you proactively plan by understanding your environment and advising on risk management and security.
Each TAM has specialized knowledge of a Red Hat product family, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, Red Hat OpenShift®, Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform, Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, Red Hat Application Services, Red Hat Ceph® Storage, Red Hat Gluster® Storage, and other products in our portfolio of enterprise open source solutions. You might work with more than one TAM depending on the number of Red Hat products you are using and the complexity of your environment.
Key features and benefits
Single technical advocate for you within Red Hat
- Work directly with your TAM to resolve complex and time-sensitive issues more quickly so you can focus on productivity and meeting your own business and IT goals. TAMs mobilize an extended team of engineering and support experts who work together to help you get the most out of your Red Hat investment. TAMs provide faster restoration and resolution for escalated tickets by coordinating resources, engaging specialized expertise, and leading the case’s technical direction. When you are under pressure, TAMs help you coordinate with the right people within Red Hat to solve problems swiftly and efficiently.
- Assess progress using the quarterly dashboard reports TAMs will share with you that track key performance indicators (KPIs) and trends in your Red Hat software.
- Better navigate challenges within your IT environment by bringing in your TAM to help you troubleshoot issues when you are working with your other technology vendors.
Security and regulatory compliance guidance
- While Red Hat's products have built-in security features and reduce the risk of using unmanaged, or under-managed, open source software, security remains a top concern. TAMs provide context, proactive planning, and prioritization for security concerns. TAMs also advise you on tools and approaches to set up your environment to further defend against security risks.
- Maintain a proactive patching strategy and have the right tools turned on as a barricade against security threats with guidance from TAMs. They also prioritize security issues that need to be handled immediately and plan for less urgent security concerns.
- If your organization needs to adhere to regulatory compliance, TAMs can support you by advising on how Red Hat products can help you deploy your compliance strategies.
- Get the maximum value from your existing Red Hat investments with a TAM who will identify issues earlier, provide a faster resolution, and help you take advantage of the latest product enhancements. TAMs will host regular meetings with you to better understand your mission and environment, discuss open support cases, upcoming product migrations, and opportunities for improved deployment and patching plans.
- Influence future product features and updates with your TAM, who acts as a direct line for you to the Red Hat engineering organization. Many new features in Red Hat products were created in direct response to customer needs.
Plan and deploy for enterprise success with Technical Account Management
To learn more about Technical Account Management, reach out to your Red Hat account representative or contact us.
Organizations like Datacom and Amdocs achieve high performance and growth with Red Hat Technical Account Management.
Learn more about Customers using Red Hat Technical Account Management.
Working with our [Technical Account Manager] gives us confidence in knowing a problem will definitely be solved. Instead of just opening a ticket, he provides a single point of contact between Red Hat and our teams. It’s good to have someone who really pushes to find solutions.