An application developer introduction to learning the benefits of Event-Driven Architecture, Apache Kafka and Red Hat OpenShift Application Services
Event-Driven Architecture with Apache Kafka and Red Hat OpenShift Application Services Technical Overview (AD082) is a no-cost, on-demand video course that provides an introduction to the benefits of using an event-driven architecture and demonstrates how Red Hat Cloud Services, specifically Red Hat OpenShift Application Services, can simplify building, deploying, and scaling cloud-native applications.
Course content summary
By the end of this course learners will have a basic understanding of:
- Event-driven architecture (EDA) and the benefits of using this style of architecture. Topics covered include reduced coupling, scalability, and resilience.
- Apache Kafka terminology such as cluster, brokers, topics, messages, partitions, and producers and consumers.
- Red Hat OpenShift Application Services and how they can speed up your path to adopting an EDA.
Audience for this course
Prerequisites for this course
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Outline for this course
- Video 1. Introduction
- Video 2. Overview of event-driven architecture
- Video 3. Overview of Apache Kafka
- Video 4. Demo: Apache Kafka
- Video 5. Overview of Red Hat OpenShift Application Services
- Video 6. Demo: Red Hat Openshift Streams for Apache Kafka
- Video 7. Demo: Connecting applications to Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka
- Video 8. Schema management using Red Hat OpenShift Service Registry
- Video 9. Demo: Schema Management using Red Hat OpenShift Service Regisrtry
- Video 10. Next steps