- What's in a container? You don't know. And that's a problem
- VentureBeat – December 16, 2014
- How much do you really know about application containers? Not the technical features or benefits, as those are readily circulating across technology communities. From extreme application portability and flexibility to simplified IT operations, application containers appear to be god's gift to IT.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Tech Leadership Discusses Cloud Direction
- ServerWatch – January 5, 2015
- Mark McLoughlin is a well-known figure in the OpenStack world, having been identified as the leading code committer to the project in 2013. McLouglin has recently shifted his in-job responsibility away from just code to product development.
- Red Hat Reimagines OpenShift 3 PaaS With Docker
- eWeek – January 12, 2015
- Red Hat is developing a new milestone release of its OpenShift platform-as-a-service (PaaS) technology that will shift the platform to Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration. The upcoming OpenShift 3 platform will mark yet another page in the continued evolution for Red Hat's PaaS effort that began with the acquisition of Makara in 2010.
- Red Hat CEO Expects Growth From Cloud, Storage
- Investor's Business Daily – January 14, 2015
- Analyst concerns about Red Hat's growth prospects appeared to all but disappear last month after the enterprise software company reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street views. Red Hat (RHT) is the No. 1 provider of open-source Linux operating system software and support, helping enterprises migrate from older Unix-based systems.
- Red Hat's OpenStack Ambitions Move it Beyond its Linux OS Core
- Data Center Knowledge – January 20, 2015
- Red Hat's OpenStack focus continues to move the company beyond its popular distribution of the Linux operating system, and investors are starting to notice. The company's stock was up around 25 percent last year on the heels of several moves expanding its position and its place in the cloud ecosystem.
- European Space Agency picks Red Hat Linux for private cloud
- The Inquirer – January 21, 2015
- THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA) has deployed a private, on-premise cloud platform designed to serve its community in Europe. The infrastructure is partly based on a custom version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- The Ghost security hole perfectly illustrates the efficiency of open source
- TechRepublic – January 29, 2015
- If you're reading this piece, you probably already know there's a ghost in the machine of Linux. Specifically, a critical hole in the GNU C Library (glibc). This haunting specter enables remote hackers to gain access to machines without the need for credentials of any kind.
- Red Hat CEO: Today's IT department is in a fight for its life
- Business Insider – February 14, 2015
- There's a new trend called "devops" that is sweeping the enterprise IT world and its become a life-or-death career situation for many IT departments. The word smooshes up the IT terms "development" (meaning writing software) and "operations" (meaning maintaining software and all the tech needed to run it). "Devops is all about how do things faster," Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst tells Business Insider. It's the IT department's version of Facebook's famous mantra "go fast and break stuff."
Red Hat Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2015 Results
Red Hat today announced financial results for its fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended February 28, 2015.
Red Hat Announces $500 Million Stock Repurchase Program
Red Hat today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to $500 million of the Company’s common stock from time to time on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions.
Red Hat Named 2014 Global Partner of the Year: Technology at TeamWork 2015, the Google for Work Annual Partner Summit
Red Hat was honored by Google for Work as the 2014 Global Partner of the Year: Technology. The Technology partner of the year award emphasizes Red Hat’s proven track record of enabling product adoption for customers on Google Cloud Platform.
Red Hat Unveils Unified Open Software-defined Storage Portfolio
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced worldwide availability of a unified open software-defined storage portfolio that brings together Red Hat Ceph Storage, formerly known as Inktank Ceph Enterprise, and Red Hat Gluster Storage, formerly known as Red Hat Storage Server. The unified Red Hat Storage portfolio helps enterprises manage their current and emerging data storage workloads using open source software and standard hardware.
Swiss Online Supermarket Retailer LeShop.ch Creates New Online Shopping Experience with OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat
Red Hat today announced that LeShop.ch, the largest online supermarket in Switzerland has selected OpenShift Enterprise to deploy and manage its new online shopping application.
DockerベースのLinuxコンテナを包括的に認定する初めての認定エコシステムプログラムを発表しました。Dockerは、2014年3月に発表されたコンテナ化アプリケーションに関するRed Hatのビジョンの主要な構成要素です。このエコシステムプログラムによって、数千のパートナーと独立系ソフトウェアベンダー（ISV）を含むRed Hatの広大なネットワークを活用し、Dockerコンテナ形式とDocker Engineを含む一連の業界標準を通して認定を受けた、信頼できる、セキュアなアプリケーションコンテナの開発、およびエンドユーザーへの配布を可能にします。
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 最新版の提供開始により、プラットフォームのイノベーションを継続
2014年6月にリリースされたRed Hat Enterprise Linux 7 初のマイナーリリースとなるRed Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1の提供開始を発表しました。Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1は、Red Hatの次世代主力プラットフォームに重要な機能強化を提供し、エンタープライズオペレーティングシステムを再定義するものです。
エンタープライズ向けに最適化されたLinuxコンテナ基盤 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Hostを提供開始
Linuxコンテナによる次世代アプリケーションを実行できるように最適化されたオペレーティングシステム、Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Hostの提供開始を発表しました。Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Atomic Host は、コンテナとしてRed Hat Enterprise Linux 6および7向けに作成されたアプリケーションを容易にパッケージ化し、実行するために必要な全コンポーネントを提供します。
Red Hat Outlines Vision to Help Enterprise IT Take ‘Mobile First’ From Hype to Reality
Red Hat outlines its vision to help customers overcome the challenges of becoming ‘mobile first’ organizations.
Red Hat Announces Pathway to Enterprise-Ready Linux Containers
Red Hat today announced the launch of the first certified, end-to-end ecosystem program for Linux containers based on Docker, a key component of the company’s vision for containerized applications unveiled in March 2014.
- 203 の 1