ノースカロライナ州ローリー - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 features a new cloud-ready architecture, new and improved management capabilities and upgraded and significantly enhanced usability, helping enterprises and their developers decrease time-to-market for application delivery and reduce operational costs.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 provides developers and enterprises with a high-performance, low-footprint, easy-to-manage solution designed to help enterprises build applications and ease into the cloud. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers greater agility than previous versions of the solution, allowing customers to move their application development and deployment to the cloud without the need to re-skill or diverge from open industry standards. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is the run-time engine that drives Java workloads in Red Hat OpenShiftTM, Red Hat's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers several features for organizations and developers looking to leverage the cloud for application development:
- Built for the cloud - JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has an updated architecture that can be easily deployed in on-premise, private and public clouds. This provides developers and enterprises with confidence that applications developed today will be able to evolve along with their architectural requirements.
- Pluggable, lightweight and modern - JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is based upon a modular set of services that are dynamically allocated based upon the needs of the deployed applications. This provides application isolation and helps prevent issues with classes and dependencies commonly associated with older application server architectures.
- Flexible manageability - JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers developers the ability to programmatically manage applications and automate application deployment processes whether used standalone or integrated with their own management tools, including private clouds. This lets IT groups focus on building new capabilities instead of investing resources in supporting existing applications.
- Optimized for multi-core and virtualized systems - JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is optimized for multi-core and virtualized environments, resulting in a low-memory footprint and faster start-up times. The solution also offers enhanced resource utilization and port management, which simplifies the effort behind deploying JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 into virtualized environments.
- Upgraded middleware components - JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 provides increased integration with other development tooling, including Maven, Hudson and JBoss Community projects such as Arquillian and Hibernate.
- Support for Java EE 6 and other popular frameworks and tools - In addition to Java EE 6 support, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 also supports a wide range of Java Virtual Machine (JVM)-based frameworks, including Spring, Struts and Google Web Toolkit, as well as a variety of open source development tools.
In addition, Red Hat is also introducing a number of services capabilities to help accelerate customer adoption of the new technologies. This includes the availability of new JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6-specific courses and JBoss Certified Application Administrator Certification, as well as strategic training and service offerings to help guide customers migrating to the solution.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is available for download now.
Craig Muzilla, vice president and general manager, Middleware, Red Hat
“Enterprises are always seeking ways to deliver applications faster, and they increasingly view the cloud as the environment in which to do that, as long as they can do so on their own terms. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 allows enterprises to easily create and manage applications in the cloud, on premise or in a hybrid architecture. It also extends our commitment to rapidly delivering products to market, allowing organizations to better take advantage of and respond to evolving opportunities.”
Jay Lyman, senior analyst, Enterprise Software, 451 Research
“The JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 update lives up to its billing as Red Hat's most ambitious release of the software ever, with capabilities and features in cloud computing, mobile software and big data – all of which are key strategic areas of enterprise deployment. This release brings consistent JBoss functionality and experience across physical, virtual, cloud and hybrid environments in a much leaner software package.”
Andreas Karalus, head of IT-architecture, Teambank/easyCredit
“easyCredit® is one of the most successful consumer credit brands in Germany. For our credit decision platform, we need a highly scalable and flexible solution that allows us to develop and deploy applications quickly. We believe that JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is that solution. As a long-term JBoss customer, we have already worked with previous JBoss Enterprise Application Platform versions. We are very impressed by the amazing performance and new features of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 and plan to migrate to the new platform this year. We expect the new JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 to become an integral part of our SOA strategy.”
Press Conference and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Virtual Experience
To learn more about this announcement and to hear from Red Hat executives, partners and customers about JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6, join Red Hat for a virtual event and live press conference at 11:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, June 20, 2012. To join, visit www.redhat.com/virtual.
For attendees located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa or Asia, Red Hat is hosting a second virtual event and live press conference at 10:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday, June 21, 2012.
The keynote and presentations will also be available on demand following the live event. At www.redhat.com/virtual.
Connect with Red Hat
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, taking a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.