We hosted a small meetup/birds of a feather session at USENIX’s FAST conference. FAST is a conference that focuses on File And Storage Technologies in Santa Clara, California.
Vijay Bellur, Gluster Project Lead, did a short talk on Gluster.Next, our ongoing architectural evolution in Gluster to improve scaling and enable new use cases like like storage as a service, storage for containers, and hyperconvergence.
- What is Gluster.Next?
- How are we building Gluster.Next
- DHTv2, NSR, Glusterd 2.0, Heketi, Brick multiplexing, Quality of Service
- Why are we building Gluster.Next
- When is this planned for release
- 3.8 slated for May/June, 4.0 for December
Integrations with other projects like OpenShift, OpenStack, and oVirt were also highlighted.
Slides are included: Gluster.Next Feb 2016