With the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 9.3, we introduced full support for Stratis, a significant advancement in the world of Linux storage management. Designed for the hybrid-cloud, with simplicity, efficiency and user empowerment in mind, Stratis brings improved control to your storage infrastructure.
Discover the power of Stratis
Do you want a better way to navigate complex storage configurations than managing volumes and filesystems through intricate commands? Stratis offers an intuitive user interface that streamlines these tasks, making storage management easier for beginners and experts alike.
- Easier setup: Say goodbye to complicated volume and filesystem configurations. With Stratis, setting up storage pools and filesystems can be accomplished with a few easy commands.
- User-centric interface: We've prioritized user experience design, helping make Stratis accessible to all levels of Linux users. Whether you're a seasoned administrator or a newcomer to Linux, Stratis empowers you to manage storage with confidence.
- Dynamic adjustments: Your storage needs change over time, and Stratis can adapt with you. With it, you can add new storage or expand existing pools and filesystems on-the-fly, without disrupting your workflow.
- Modern storage technologies: Stratis embraces sophisticated storage technologies, including thin-provisioning, snapshots, caching and encryption. We're committed to bringing you the best features, all within a streamlined interface.
- Rich API: An important part of Stratis is the rich API that allows developers to integrate Stratis seamlessly into their products and avoid creating and maintaining complex multilayered code to manage the underlying storage.
- Proven encryption: Security is paramount, and Stratis introduces encrypted storage pools to help safeguard your data with industry-proven protection. Your sensitive information is better protected, even in the face of potential threats.
- NBDE and TPM2 unlock methods: Stratis integrates with Network-Bound Disk Encryption (NBDE) and Trusted Platform Module 2 (TPM2) for unlocking encrypted pools more securely. Your data is better shielded from unauthorized access and unlocking is simple and robust.
Benefits for you
- Simplicity: Say goodbye to the complexities of storage management. Stratis offers an elegant solution that simplifies even the most intricate tasks.
- Efficiency: Maximize your time and productivity with Stratis' efficient setup and management tools. Spend less time configuring and more time innovating.
- Flexibility: Adapt to changing storage requirements with less disruption. Stratis empowers you to scale as needed, helping you keep your infrastructure aligned with your goals.
- Confidence: With a user-friendly interface and reliable functionality, Stratis gives you the confidence to manage storage with precision and ease.
Visit our website to learn more about Stratis, access documentation and get started today. Embrace the future of Linux storage management with Stratis.
About the authors
Dennis Keefe is an accomplished Software Engineering Manager at Red Hat with over 15 years of experience in the development and deployment of cutting-edge storage solutions. Throughout his career, he has led teams of skilled engineers to create innovative storage solutions that involve deduplication, replication, data protection, encryption, high availability, and clustering for businesses worldwide. He is known for fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation within his teams. Dennis joined Red Hat as part of the acquisition of Permabit Technology Corporation, where he was Director of Application Engineering.
Bob Handlin has helped build and promote products in various parts of the tech industry for more than 20 years. He currently focuses on RHEL migrations and upgrades, but also assists with storage technologies and live patching.