Built on the flexible, scalable, and fully open Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP® Solutions expands Red Hat’s existing relationship with SAP and introduces new capabilities—so you can get the most out SAP’s powerful analytics and data management portfolio. This offering includes the addition of Red Hat Insights, Red Hat’s proactive analytics and real-time intelligence offering. With Red Hat Insights, users can better understand, assess, and optimize their SAP software landscape, supported by Ansible® automation and Red Hat’s extensive open source expertise.
Email us: email@example.com
After its initial success using SAP HANA, carpeting and flooring company Mohawk Industries sought to expand its SAP HANA environment to deliver greater business value and support critical operations. To achieve this expansion, Mohawk sought a scalable, cost-effective, and supported platform. By deploying Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions and Red Hat Satellite, Mohawk has improved its infrastructure performance, management, and costs. As a result, sales representatives now have real-time access to data, and Mohawk has gained an effective foundation for future expansion of its SAP HANA environment.
Support entirely new business processes, business models, and advanced analytics, such as:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Real-time intelligence
SAP HANA replaces traditional databases, simplifying the software stack. Avoid data duplication by:
- Combining transactional and analytical processing against a single copy of data.
- Increasing speed (while reducing cost).
- Moving to an X86 architecture.
Work faster and smarter
In-memory data processing speeds up analytics and helps you make real-time, data-driven business decisions.
- The exponential growth of big data requires solutions that can optimize analysis and help you better use the information you have.
- Make critical decisions more quickly with an in-memory platform.
We only extend our investments when we see the benefit, and we’re continuing to see the benefit of Red Hat Enterprise Linux running on SAP HANA. We’re moving anything and everything to SAP HANA, and Red Hat is leading that digital journey.Vince Zuk Director of enterprise infrastructure architecture, Mohawk Industries
18+ years of joint solutions
Since joining forces more than 18 years ago, Red Hat and SAP have continued to work together to champion innovation in the enterprise datacenter—first with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications (Netweaver) and later with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions reflects the growing technical and business collaboration between the 2 companies to take full advantage of our respective strengths: Red Hat’s position as the market-leading provider of open source platforms and SAP’s global strength in business software.
- Learn how an open source operating system, virtualization technology, and a JavaTM-based middleware platform provides companies with a solid foundation for building strategic business applications
- Technology brief: SAP Data Hub and Red Hat OpenShift
- Technology brief: Machine learning on IoT data with SAP Leonardo and Red Hat JBoss Middleware
- Technology overview: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
- Technology brief: Virtualizing SAP HANA in production
Nearly half of oil and gas companies are using SAP* to get a clear view of their business data. Running SAP HANA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux infrastructure can help you improve the performance of core business applications, continue making process improvements, and identify new opportunities. Learn more in this on-demand webinar.
Independent Future Readiness Assessment for SAP Clients powered by West Trax and Red Hat to position at the very early stage of any HANA Migration and Digital Transformation projects. Since 15 years, West Trax has done >1600 technical analysis of the actual use of Client's SAP systems. This gives transparency and reliable facts about their SAP Landscapes and is the foundation for reliable decision making processes towards a migration strategy including the complete Red Hat product portfolio. This would allow customers to leverage the full potential from future HANA and S/4HANA platforms toward new digital services. In this session you will understand the current challenges around SAP HANA migration projects and how a joint West Trax/Red Hat analysis will support you to establish your individual roadmap to the future.
- Red Hat Helps Power Big Data’s Future with SAP® Vora™ on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform(November 14, 2017)
- Simplifying IT is not impossible – but it's quickly becoming imperative
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux achieves 2-processor world-record result on 2-tier SAP Sales and Distribution standard application benchmark
- 3 ways to improve financial reporting
- High Performance Computing Everywhere for Financial Services (and Beyond)
- Mohawk Industries harnesses the power of data with SAP HANA and Red Hat
- Carpeting and flooring company Mohawk Industries used Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA to provide real-time access to data and create an effective foundation for future expansion.
- Repsol meets demands of competitive oil market with Red Hat
- To improve performance and reduce costs, Repsol migrated its SAP systems to Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications, supported by Red Hat Satellite, reducing costs and planned downtime and gaining flexibility and agility.
- Bayer Business Services migrates mission-critical SAP landscape from AIX to Red Hat
- Bayer Business Services, the Bayer Group’s global competence center for IT and business services, needed a way to reduce costs while maintaining the quality of its mission-critical SAP infrastructure
- FI-TS provides SAP in the cloud securely thanks to Red Hat Virtualization
- The combination of Red Hat Virtualization and the Cisco UCS platform allows FI-TS to provide financial service providers with an SAP environment in the cloud that helps the company significantly reduce its operating costs.
- Produban migrates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Red Hat Virtualization
- Produban needed a platform that could be scaled horizontally, and running Red Hat Enterprise Linux on an x86 architecture would achieve that goal. Produban also added Red Hat Virtualization to its technological standards.
- ING-DiBa future-proofs, migrates from Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- ING-DiBa needed to significantly cut overall costs and administrative effort without sacrificing quality or performance and achieve a higher level of deployment and operation automation in order to lower server deployment time to fewer than three days.