Select a language
Red Hat Certification
Red Hat Certified System Administrator
An IT professional who has earned the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is able to perform the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments. The credential is earned after successfully passing the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200).
Prove your skills and knowledge
A Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Create simple shell scripts
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Perform basic container management
Is this certification right for you?
The RHCSA certification is designed for:
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) and are on the path to becoming an RHCSA
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®)
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or who is about to become noncurrent and wants to recertify as an RHCE
- DevOps professionals who wish to demonstrate their expertise with the fundamentals of container technology
Test your skills and knowledge
The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge and skill in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. You must be an RHCSA to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification.
The best way to learn is to do
We recommend these courses to help you prepare to become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator.
For Windows system administrators or candidates with minimal experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux:
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
For Linux or UNIX administrators:
For candidates seeking an introductory course on container management: