What is a product trial? How is a Red Hat product trial different from a traditional licensed software trial?
Red Hat® product trials offer all the benefits included in a Red Hat subscription. But Red Hat product trials are more than just access to the latest code. They provide access to all versions of the software, to patches and other software updates, and to our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal.
Who can sign up for a trial?
Anyone can request a product trial. However, some offers require a subscription to another product, administrator access, or other prerequisite in order to access the trial. Please see the specific requirements for your trial on the main offer page.
May I run product trial software in a production environment?
Do Red Hat product trials come with support? How do I know if my trial has support?
Some product trials offer a level of support while others are self-supported (unsupported). There are several ways to determine the support level of your product trial:
- In the product trial name (e.g., 60 Day Self Supported Red Hat Directory Server Evaluation). You’ll find this in the welcome email you receive when your product trial begins.
- On the Subscriptions page in Red Hat Customer Portal.
- By contacting Sales or Customer Service.
How do I access my product trial?
Once your product trial subscription is active, you’ll have access to your product. It may be provided via a download of the latest version, or by accessing it via the cloud. You will find steps to access your product on the "success" page (the page that opens after you click "Start my trial" and is also accessible from the confirmation email you’ll receive).
How long does a product trial last?
Most product trials are 60 days, but exceptions may be made at the discretion of Red Hat Sales and Customer Service based on the user’s needs.
What technologies can I try through this program?
Why do I need to consult with a sales representative to obtain certain product trials?
There are several possible reasons:
- You’ve requested more than 1 product trial.
- You wish to extend your current product trial beyond the trial period.
- Your product trial is not available via the web.
- You’ve requested multiple product trials as part of a bundled SKU.
- Your product trial requires additional approvals before being activated.
Contact Red Hat Sales to try these technologies.
Can I renew the product trial after it has expired?
I’d like to use the product trial software after my trial has expired, or I’d like to use the software in a production environment. What are my options?
- Purchase a subscription.
- Renew the product trial after the expiry grace period has ended.
- Contact Red Hat Sales to determine if the product trial can be renewed sooner or if a similar product trial is available.
Learn about Red Hat Ansible Automation PlatformRead about Ansible's platform components, the flexible foundation on which to build and deploy automation.
Deploy Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Get started with Red Hat Insights for Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Use this guidance to activate automation analytics.
Get started with infrastructure automation
If you have questions about your product trial, contact the support team at 888-RED-HAT-1 or 919-754-3700, then select the menu prompt for Customer Service.
Get expert help selecting the right Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform option for your needs.
Have a particular infrastructure challenge? Need industry-specific expertise? Connect with a Red Hat partner.
Get requirements and recommended steps for your installation.
Find release notes, planning recommendations, and other guidance for your trial.
Get answers to questions about your trial or Red Hat products. (Note: Customer Service doesn't provide break/fix or triage support for self-supported product trials.)