Partners: Red Hat and Microsoft
Advance digital transformation using hybrid cloud
Together, Red Hat and Microsoft give you more choice and flexibility for your hybrid cloud deployments. We are committed to delivering enterprise operating systems, simplified container technologies, rigorous security standards, and an integrated support experience to help our enterprise customers embrace hybrid cloud.
We jointly offer open hybrid cloud solutions on Azure and in your datacenter.
Get them directly from the Azure marketplace:
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Red Hat and Microsoft simplify container management
Red Hat and Microsoft are expanding our partnership around hybrid cloud, container management, and developer productivity, empowering enterprise developers to run container-based applications across Microsoft Azure and on-premises. As part of this collaboration we will be introducing the first jointly managed OpenShift offering in the public cloud, combining the power of Red Hat OpenShift and Microsoft Azure.
Helping customers harness open innovation
Red Hat and Microsoft bring the power and scale of Microsoft SQL Server for Linux to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. As Microsoft’s preferred Linux platform for SQL Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux extends the enterprise database and analytics capabilities of SQL Server by delivering it on the industry-leading platform, boosting performance, security, reliability, and manageability.
In November 2015, Red Hat and Microsoft partnered to give you great choice and flexibility for building, deploying, and managing applications across public and private clouds.
So far, we've announced:
- Red Hat Cloud Access for moving your subscriptions to Azure.
- Joint, integrated support so you don't have to guess who to call with an issue.
- Red Hat CloudForms for managing Azure virtual machines.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux available directly on Azure marketplace.
- .Net Core 2.0 support across the Red Hat portfolio, providing significant new developer capabilities.
- Simplified hybrid containers to help enterprises adopt cloud-native applications and embrace hybrid cloud.
- The industry's most comprehensive Kubernetes platform on a leading public cloud, enabling customers to harness innovation across the hybrid cloud.
The combined expertise of Red Hat and Microsoft is automatically available when you use Red Hat products on Azure. You get consistent service no matter which company you contact for support. Best of all, you don't have to figure out whether the issue comes from Red Hat or Microsoft—we do that for you.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform on Microsoft Azure test drive
- Explore this test drive to get an overview of how Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform can help provide a secure, flexible, and easy-to-manage application infrastructure.
- Red Hat Ansible Automation on Microsoft Azure test drive
- Explore this test drive to get an overview of how to simply automate and deploy workloads in Microsoft Azure using Red Hat Ansible Automation.
- Creating and uploading a virtual hard disk that contains the Linux operating system
- Find out how to create and upload a virtual hard disk so you can use it as your own image to create virtual machines in Azure.
- Simplify digital transformation with Red Hat and Microsoft
- Read this solution brief to learn how Red Hat and Microsoft cloud solutions deliver the features and functionality needed to quickly build a secure, reliable, and flexible cloud environment.
- Gain choice in hybrid cloud deployment
- Learn how Red Hat and Microsoft deliver more options for building, deploying, and managing a hybrid cloud environment— so you can choose the applications and platforms that meet your current and future business needs
- Deploy a container-based hybrid cloud with Red Hat and Microsoft
- Successful digital transformation requires evolution in applications, processes, and infrastructure. Red Hat and Microsoft offer an enterprise-grade container-ready hybrid environment that let's you use agile development processes to quickly build and deploy modern, microservices-based applications that can help move your business forward.
- Build an enterprise-grade cloud environment with Red Hat and Microsoft
- Learn how Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Azure offer an ideal public cloud foundation to support modern IT needs.
- Increase security of public cloud workloads with Red Hat and Microsoft
- Learn how Red Hat and Microsoft mitigate threats to cloud workloads with security teams, testing, and advanced security features and tools.
- Intro to Microsoft SQL Server on Linux with containers
- View this webinar to get an overview of the capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Learn the advantage of running Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform on premise and on Microsoft Azure. See a demo of application compatibility between SQL Server on Windows and SQL Server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Red Hat and Microsoft: Partnering to bring enterprise customers to the cloud
- In this webinar hosted by 451 Research, Microsoft and Red Hat explain how to overcome common challenges of application modernization, infrastructure management, and cloud deployment.
- Build your hybrid cloud with Red Hat and Microsoft
- Learn how Microsoft can help customers using Red Hat Enterprise Linux on premise to explore hybrid cloud options.
- Red Hat and Microsoft simplify containers to help enterprises accelerate to the hybrid cloud
- Red Hat and Microsoft announce an expansion of their existing alliance to help enterprises more easily adopt containers and cloud-native applications. In this video, Microsoft and Red Hat discuss the expanded alliance, what it brings to enterprise IT, and how joint customers will benefit.
- Red Hat solutions in Microsoft Azure: Secure, manageable, and well-supported
- Discover how Azure offers agility to the enterprise by offering secure, manageable, and well- supported Red Hat solutions in the cloud.
- Julia White’s keynote at Red Hat Summit 2017
- Julia White, corporate vice president for Azure and Security Marketing at Microsoft, talks about how Microsoft and Red Hat are partnering to empower digital transformation using the cloud.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol builds agile cloud with Red Hat
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol chose to migrate several of its IT systems to the cloud to become more flexible, secure, and efficient in an effort to improve its passenger experience and become the best digital airport. The airport chose to deploy Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform on Microsoft Azure as the foundation for its hybrid cloud environment, supported by Red Hat Gluster Storage, Red Hat JBoss® Middleware, and other Red Hat products.
The datacenter is heterogeneous, and the cloud is hybrid. With Red Hat and the leader in enterprise cloud workloads joining forces, our customers are the winners today, as we unite on common solutions to help them solve challenges in the hybrid cloud. Together, we're offering the most comprehensive support agreement for our mixed technologies to support customers.