We are pleased to announce the availability of Red Hat Satellite 6.14. This release includes many new and updated features, including an improved user interface/user experience and new features to simplify operation and administration.
- Improved Simple Content Access Workflow
- Preparing customers for Simple Content Access (SCA)
- When you add a new custom product, it will be disabled by default, unless you add an override
- Content Management Improvements
- Changes to content views (CV) that require republishing the CV are now tracked
- Content View versions have an indication/message if a specific version has Content View Filters applied
- Cron scheduling has been updated
- Using a modern cron library that employs extended cron syntax
- Improved REST API to manage Ansible roles with respect to Host Groups
- Installable Errata are now available in a report
- Satellite’s Apache server now adheres to crypto policies
- The Applied Errata report now includes the release date
- Documentation now describes how to deploy OpenSCAP via Ansible, Puppet, or manually
- Reorganized Register Host menu
For more details on these and a complete list of new and improved features, see the release notes.
For instructions on performing a fresh installation of Red Hat Satellite 6.14, see Installing Satellite Server from a Connected Network or Installing Satellite Server from a Disconnected Network.
About the author
As a Senior Principal Technical Marketing Manager in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux business unit, Matthew Yee is here to help everyone understand what our products do. He joined Red Hat in 2021 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.