Select a language
Today, we are pleased to announce the beta availability of Red Hat Software Collections 1.1, the second installment of Red Hat Software Collections. Launched in October 2013, Red Hat Software Collections delivers a comprehensive suite of runtime languages and open source databases helping developers and systems administrators accelerate the creation of stable, modern web applications.
Red Hat Software Collections 1.1 Beta expands upon Red Hat Software Collection’s set of powerful web development tools, dynamic languages, and open source databases by offering several new options, including:
- Two new open source HTTP server options in the form of Apache HTTP Server and Nginx (available as a Technology Preview)
- PHP 5.5, a server-side scripting language designed for web development
- Ruby 2.0 and Rails 4.0, which for the first time will be packaged separately, providing developers with access to an updated version of Ruby without requiring the installation of Rails
- MongoDB, a high-performance open source document database and leading NoSQL database that provides high availability and easy scalability
- Thermostat 1.0, a tool for monitoring Java virtual machine (JVM) instances on multiple hosts
As with Red Hat Software Collections 1.0, this latest release expedites the delivery of dynamic languages and databases, a significant benefit to organizations seeking to accelerate software development and deployment through DevOps and/or agile methods. Additionally, subscribers deploying applications built using Red Hat Software Collections into production can do so with confidence, as individual releases of Red Hat Software Collections are supported for three years.
Red Hat Software Collections 1.1 Beta is available now for use with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to customers and partners with select active Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions.