Backup is needed for both logical and physical protection. Organizations can use an effective backup strategy to recover quickly from application issues or restore accidentally deleted files. Additional storage technologies can also be enabled to use storage snapshots for quick recovery.
Backing up and restoring the data that powers applications is critical to meeting recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO). Technologies such as containers, Kubernetes, and serverless present new opportunities in application development but still need a recovery plan in the event of a failure.
- Faster recovery times by developing applications with failure in mind
- Backup application state will allow you to re-provision your application from Pipeline
- Allow developers to backup and restore environments
- Minimize container failures across your environment
Some challenges of protecting and recovering your data
- New workflows for developers and architects
- An emerging ecosystem around backup and recovery for containers could result in non-standardized solutions