Select a language
Today, we are announcing the Q2 release of Red Hat Integration, which builds off the work we announced in Q1 by adding new capabilities. With the Q2 release, we are continuing to expand access to integration capabilities to serve the needs of those personas that can require integration to do their job, from integration developers, application developers and citizen integrators to lines of business and ad hoc integrators.
Red Hat Integration provides a unified set of integration and messaging technologies that help organizations connect applications across hybrid cloud architectures and enable API-centric business services. It delivers a curated set of features, components and capabilities from multiple offerings in our integration portfolio.
The latest release of Red Hat Integration augments existing capabilities with new features from the following product releases:
- Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.5
- Red Hat Fuse 7.3
- Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.3 (coming soon)
- Red Hat AMQ Online 1.1
In addition, we are pleased to announce that we have completed the work to fully open source the technology from our acquisition of 3scale.
Across the board, we are continuing to push further into a world of cloud-native computing with integration capabilities that don't just run on cloud platforms or in microservices and container environments, but rather provide deeply integrated, domain-specific functionality that is engineered to help take full advantage of what that these technologies offer.
A great example of how we're striving to deliver a true Kubernetes-native experience is through new OpenShift Operators. As with other technologies in the Red Hat Middleware portfolio, Red Hat Integration has been optimized for deployment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. As the industry's most comprehensive enterprise Kubernetes platform, OpenShift Container Platform provides a powerful foundation for running Red Hat Integration as a key strategic component for building and connecting distributed services.
Operators provide an automated method of packaging, deploying and managing applications on OpenShift. Application-specific knowledge is captured in the code for each Operator, which can then apply that knowledge to automatically perform operational tasks like deploying, configuring and managing the application.
Today, Operators are available for Red Hat Fuse Online and Red Hat AMQ Streams. In addition, Operators for the Red Hat Fuse console and Red Hat 3scale API Management are available as technology previews, and we are currently building additional Operators that we plan to release later this year.
In addition to these Operators, there are a number of other exciting things on the horizon for our integration portfolio—several of which are available today as technology previews, including:
- Apache Camel-K: Camel-K enables organizations to take advantage of connectors from the Apache Camel project, on which Red Hat Fuse is based, and apply them in serverless environments. By integrating external endpoints, events from the application environment can be used to trigger functions.
- Istio: Integration and service mesh technologies are complementary and often both necessary in a cloud-native environment. Together, Red Hat 3scale API Management and Istio can give customers better insight into APIs from the service mesh level and enable finer-grained control over them. In addition, customers can apply business level rules and restrictions to the service mesh, and can collect business level metrics from it for more precise monitoring.
- Data integration: Microservices architectures can result in data becoming siloed and inconsistent over time. Using a data integration tool, customers can more easily and quickly view business data via APIs or other protocols.
We'll be talking about these new features in greater detail during Red Hat Summit next week in Boston. If you haven't already registered to join us, there's still time! Use the code RHBLOG19 to receive $100 off your registration fees. (This code can only be used once per attendee, and cannot be combined with any other offer.)