Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile and preferences, and the following services based on your customer status:
Not registered yet? Here are a few reasons why you should be:
- Browse Knowledgebase articles, manage support cases and subscriptions, download updates, and more from one place.
- View users in your organization, and edit their account information, preferences, and permissions.
- Manage your Red Hat certifications, view exam history, and download certification-related logos and documents.
Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile, preferences, and other services depending on your customer status.
For your security, if you're on a public computer and have finished using your Red Hat services, please be sure to log out.Log out
Red Hat product trials frequently asked questions
What is a product trial? How is a Red Hat product trial different from a traditional licensed software trial?
Red Hat® product trials offer all the benefits included in a Red Hat subscription. But Red Hat product trials are more than just access to the latest code. They provide access to all versions of the software, to patches and other software updates, and to our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal.
May I run product trial software in a production environment?
Do Red Hat product trials come with support? How do I know if my trial has support?
Some product trials offer a level of support while others are self-supported (unsupported). There are several ways to determine the support level of your product trial:
- In the product trial name (e.g., 60 Day Self Support Red Hat Directory Server Evaluation). You’ll find this in the welcome email you receive when your product trial begins.
- On the Subscriptions page in Red Hat Customer Portal.
- By contacting Sales or Customer Service.
How do I download my product trial?
Once your product trial subscription is active, we'll provide you with a download of the latest version on the "success" page (the page that opens after you click "Start your trial" and is also accessible from the confirmation email you’ll receive) or you can download the software from the Downloads section of Red Hat Customer Portal. However, some trials are accessed in the cloud rather than downloaded. In those instances, we’ll provide instructions to access your trial.
How long does a product trial last?
Most product trials are 60 days, but exceptions may be made at the discretion of Red Hat Sales and Customer Service based on the user’s needs.
What technologies can I try through this program?
Why do I need to consult with a sales representative to obtain certain product trials?
There are several possible reasons:
- You’ve requested more than 1 product trial.
- Your product trial is not available via the web.
- You’ve requested multiple product trials as part of a bundled SKU.
- Your product trial requires additional approvals before being activated.
Contact Red Hat Sales to try these technologies.
Can I renew the product trial after it has expired?
I’d like to use the product trial software after my trial has expired, or I’d like to use the software in a production environment. What are my options?
- Purchase a subscription.
- Renew the product trial after the expiry grace period has ended.
- Contact Red Hat Sales to determine if the product trial can be renewed sooner or if a similar product trial is available.
Product trial terms and conditions