A goal of Ansible Automation Platform 2 was to enhance the foundational pieces of the platform to evolve how automation is developed, managed, and operated in large complex environments. This improved enterprise automation platform is designed, packaged, and supported with container-native and hybrid cloud environments in mind. Items focused on in development included:
- Helping automate at an enterprise scale more efficiently and flexibly, with container-native and hybrid cloud environments in mind.
- Creating new packaged content called Ansible Content Collections to house Ansible modules, plug-ins, roles, and more in a discrete and atomic form.
- Creating a new component called automation controller, which decouples control plane and execution plane to scale the automation landscape across multiple environments, without any dependencies.
- New tools, such as ansible-navigator and ansible-builder, to help enterprise automation developers develop and test their playbooks, collections, execution environments and other automation artifacts locally from their workstations or laptop, before pushing them to the production environments.
Ansible Automation Platform 2 also includes a simpler, more intuitive way to connect your automation data with Red Hat Insights. With Red Hat Insights connected, organizations get actionable metrics and dashboards to help identify, troubleshoot, and resolve operational, business, and security issues across your entire ecosystem.
In this webinar, we'll cover:
- What is new in Ansible Automation Platform 2.
- Components of Ansible Automation Platform 2.
- Migration considerations.
- Reference architectures.
- Red Hat Insights for Ansible Automation Platform.
- Life cycle extension notice.