Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud
What is Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud?
Red Hat® OpenShift® on IBM Cloud is a managed Red Hat OpenShift cloud service that reduces operational complexity and helps organizations build and scale applications with the security of IBM Cloud. This allows you to focus on developing and managing your applications and building Red Hat OpenShift-based workloads on a managed public cloud service to gain increased responsiveness, scalability, and reliability.
Free, interactive lab
Get access to a pre-configured environment and step-by-step walkthroughs of Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud.
- Access highly available Red Hat OpenShift clusters as-a-service on IBM Cloud with automated provisioning, installation, and configuration of infrastructure—including compute, network, and storage
- Components (operating system, Red Hat OpenShift components, and in-cluster services) are managed for you and get automatically upgraded
Focused on security needs
- Move workloads and data more securely with "bring your own key," FIPS 140-2 Type 4 encryption
- Security patch management for the operating system and Red Hat OpenShift
- Enterprise isolation including dedicated compute, bare metal servers, and private clusters
- Automatic deployment in multizone regions with failure discovery, including integration with IBM Cloud Internet Service to manage cross-zone traffic routing
- IBM site reliability engineers manage the full stack to maintain resilience and address potential threats and vulnerabilities, helping organizations reduce costs
- Get trusted enterprise expertise and extreme scale, such as The Weather Company's 20,000+ managed clusters and 99.99% SLA
Consistent and flexible
- Use the same platform across all clouds with consistent skills and tools
- Teams have the flexibility to choose the solution that best fits their workloads and requirements
- Operators, developers, and security teams can use these tools across environments, from the datacenter to hosted environments and cloud
Announcing Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security Cloud Service
Fast-track your cloud native security with a fully managed software as a service deployment model for Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security
Measuring the impact of cloud services
Red Hat commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ study and examine the potential return on investment companies may realize by working with Red Hat.
Features & benefits
Get up and running quickly
Start fast and small using one-click provisioning and metered billing, with no long-term commitment.
Get high availability with multizone clusters across 6 regions and 35 data centers.
Integration with services
Build beyond the basics and take advantage of the push-button integrations with Red Hat Application Services and advanced services like Watson AI and 190+ IBM Cloud services.
Improved developer experience
Access dashboards with a native Red Hat OpenShift experience. The vulnerability advisor detects common security issues for you.
Benefit from built-in industry compliance including PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC1, and SOC2 Type 2.
Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud pricing
Choice and flexibility to fit your needs
Deploy Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud based on your needs.
Choose from many options, including:
- Virtual and bare metal infrastructure
- CPUs, vCPUs, CPU cores
- Storage—primary and secondary disks
- Network speed
- SGX enablement
- Hourly and monthly pricing, depending on options and features selected