Red Hat® Cloud Infrastructure is a combination of tightly integrated Red Hat technologies that lets you build and manage an open, private Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud—at a much lower cost than alternative solutions. You can deploy any combination of these components in whatever way you need.
Sounds better than paying too much for virtualization or cloud-infrastructure solutions and using multiple management tools that don't meet your needs, doesn't it?
Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure’s integrated components work alongside your existing infrastructure investments and let you tailor a cloud to your environment and needs.
Choice and interoperability
With Red Hat products based on open standards, you're never dependent on a single vendor.
Management spans multiple virtualization technologies, Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, and public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Integrated life-cycle management
Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure offers automated provisioning, configuration management, and software management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and any RPM-based application.
We've earned top virtualization benchmarks for performance and scalability in SPECvirt.
Red Hat is a leader in the OpenStack and Linux communities.
Your IT journey to the cloud should be based on your business demands and on your terms and timelines. Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure helps move your organization from traditional to cloud-enabled workload models, and to IT as a value-added service.
Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure includes:
Combining Red Hat Virtualization with Red Hat CloudForms gives you a secure, full-featured virtualization solution. The included heterogeneous management tool spans Red Hat Virtualization, VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Do you have high service-level agreement (SLA) workloads that demand maximum uptime? Blend the high-availability features of Red Hat Virtualization with the broad cloud management in CloudForms. Use this solution to create and extend a cloud infrastructure made of virtualization technologies from multiple providers, and even public cloud providers—all managed from 1 interface.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform—which now includes Red Hat Ceph Storage—and CloudForms provide a massively scalable, public-cloud-like infrastructure with management, self-service provisioning, chargeback, and more. You can:
- Host the latest cloud-enabled workloads.
- Regain control of shadow IT applications built on Amazon.
- Pool computing resources for data modeling, big data, or software-defined networking.
- Take advantage of software-defined storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Calculate your potential return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO) with Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure. Compare these cost savings versus a purely physical infrastructure and versus VMware vCloud Suite.Get started
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, and training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training successes.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
Install, configure, and maintain a cloud-computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Red Hat Virtualization Administration (RH318)
- Use the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux managed through the Red Hat Virtualization suite. For experienced system administrators.
- OpenShift Administration (DO280)
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat OpenShift instances.
- OpenShift Development (DO290)
- Immerse yourself in a DevOps environment with the agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment by using Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) with a cloud concentration
An RHCA with a cloud concentration is a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who has attained Red Hat’s highest level of certification, proving their skills and knowledge maintaining and using cloud infrastructure.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Red Hat Consulting Discovery Session: Cloud Strategy
- Tap the benefits of cloud to meet business demands by building a comprehensive approach to cloud adoption.
- Red Hat Consulting Assessment: Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Determine the best course of action and the right cloud technologies to achieve your business objectives.
- Red Hat Consulting: Cloud migrations
- Build out a robust, flexible cloud-computing infrastructure to lower total cost of ownership (TCO), improve provisioning time, deliver services faster, and streamline processes.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform Accelerator Service
- Rapidly launch, manage, and scale IaaS for your IT environment.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. We're here 24x7. Speak directly with Red Hat support engineers, or access our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal online, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
- Contact sales
- Our sales representatives are knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to help.
- Find a partner
- Find a Red Hat partner that sells Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure.
- Sign up for our cloud newsletter
- Read about top cloud-industry articles and trends, with links to Red Hat webinars, demos, blogs, and events.
With our new infrastructure, we’ll be able to offer an environment that supports all of the technologies our researchers need to excel.CHUCK GILBERT, TECHNICAL DIRECTOR FOR ADVANCED CYBERINFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS, INSTITUTE FOR CYBERSCIENCE, PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY Learn More
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure FAQs
- Red Hat vs. VMware when building a private cloud
- IDC: Preparing for Private Cloud and Hybrid IT with Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- Why open and hybrid clouds? Read Gartner perspectives.
- Cloud infrastructure for the real world: Executive overview | Full whitepaper
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- Interview with Paul Cormier, Red Hat’s executive vice president and president of Products and Technologies, about Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- Deploy an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) private cloud
- Into the private cloud: What are the benefits?
- Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Management Trends: A Red Hat Webinar featuring Forrester
- MUFG Union Bank serves customers faster with private cloud from Red Hat
- NTU increases efficiency and performance while saving costs with a hybrid cloud
- Penn State enhances research computing with Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- SAHMRI consolidates and makes IT more agile with Red Hat
Learn more about Red Hat Cloud InfrastructureContact Sales
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.